API Software Engineer (Go/PHP)
Today, video accounts for over 80% of all internet traffic! 🤯
We are increasingly living in a video-first world where our online experiences are dominated by real-time, streaming, and on-demand video.
At api.video, our mission is to connect people through their cameras and videos. We are a global API-first platform managing and delivering online video at scale and our goal is to become the standard for how modern teams bring video experiences into their products and services.
Just like Stripe for payments, Twilio for texts, and Sendgrid for emails, we are making video accessible to every client and developer via our api, the world over.
api.video is a bottom-up, product-led growth company which gives strong attention to user experience and product easiness of use. Now, we are focused on fueling api.video’s growth by improving our users’ experience, taking our product capabilities to the next level.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
As part of the API team, you will be responsible of the private and public web services conception and development. Your role will allow developers to integrate quickly all needed functionalities to improve developer experience, account management and administration tools. You will also participate in maintaining our billing and pricing integrations.
- A unique opportunity to be an early member of a success story
- Important responsibilities in a fast growing company seeking for excellence
- A welcoming and collaborative environment with people who love working on hard problems
- Ambitious objectives enabling you to skyrocket your learning curve
What will you be doing? 🛠️
Attached to the API Team, you will actively contribute to the development of api.video:
- design and develop scalable micro-services,
- write tests (unit, integration, functional, end-to-end),
- write and document private and public API,
- take part of the corrective and evolutive maintenance,
- phase out applications by using Go rather than PHP,
- be proactive to make api.video integration easier for developers,
- ensure code quality, sustainability and low level of technical debt,
- work in our technical environment: Git (GitLab), Ansible, Linux, RabbitMQ/Kafka, PostgreSQL, S3
What can you expect at api.video? 🏆
- Global presence with an international working environment
- 100% Remote possible (we have an HQ in Bordeaux, and we rely on many coworking spaces) (CET timezones)
- We offer competitive salaries
- Flexible timetable - we value results over presence
- Work in your preferred System and OS (Mac, Linux, Microsoft)
- Your voice is valued and will count in our decision making
- Personal Growth. We invest in your career development; do you need books or to attend conferences? We got you covered!
What are we looking for?
- You have a strong experience in conception / development with Golang
- You have experience in PHP / Symfony
- You have knowledge in micro-services architecture, asynchronous communication and scalability
- You have experience in relational databases (SQL)
- You follow best practices such as DRY, KISS...
- You have strong knowledge of RESTful APIs
- You are familiar with external API providers such as Stripe, Segment, etc.
- You have experience in CI/CD
- You are passionate, curious, rigorous and autonomous, you like to work with a team on a human scale, collaborative and responsible
- You have a thirst for knowledge in the most cutting-edge fields of the industry
- You are open to training and attending conferences in order to improve your skills
Nice to have:
- Docker knowledge
- DevOps skills
- Database schema management tools knowledge