api.video is an API-first platform that enables developers to build, scale and operate on-demand and live video streaming in their own apps and platforms in minutes, with just a few lines of code. The service handles the end-to-end workflow, from video ingestion to worldwide video delivery.
Just like Stripe for payments, Twilio for text/VOIP, and Sendgrid for email; we're making video accessible to every client and developer via our api, the world over.
As an Engineering Manager, you will join our Core Team responsible for software development to support the entire company in developing its product and its growth.
What will you be doing?
- Coach and mentor your team members
- Manage the career and development of your team members
- Structure and improve the organization of the team: (support growth, define the recruitment roadmap)
- Establish clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and management teams.
- Conduct the performance reviews of your team members
- Be involved in recruitment: work together with the recruiter to find new team members, interview, and onboard candidates who share the company's values
- Establish and evangelize the rules of good coding development practices
- Own the development of system requirements and collaborate with the respective teams to evolve and integrate the technologies necessary to create robust and innovative product architectures capable of meeting these requirements.
- Engage cross-functionally with other engineering teams to develop concepts that advance the entire product pipeline across hardware, software, integration, infrastructure, and applications.
- Supervise deliveries, guaranteeing the development of innovative and high-quality feature
What can you expect at api.video?
- Global presence with an international working environment
- 100% Remote possible (we have an HQ in Bordeaux, and we rely on many coworking spaces)
- We offer competitive salaries
- Flexible timetable - we value results over presence
- Work in your preferred System and OS (Mac, Linux, Microsoft)
- Your voice is valued and will count in our decision making
- Personal Growth. We invest in your career development; do you need books or to attend conferences? We got you covered
What can you expect from the process?
- A series of video calls with members of the team to align on what they will expect from you, and assess your skills and job fit
- A video call with our People Operations Manager and a Product Manager to fully understand your career aspirations and answer any questions you have
- A final video call with our CEO to review any remaining questions
What are we looking for?
- You have a BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- You have a solid technical background with several years of experience in software development.
- You have experience in people management in multi-disciplinary global teams at the intersection of tech and product, including building performing teams and organizations.
- You have experience supporting an engineering and research organization through technical leadership.
- You have experience in recruiting and managing technical teams, including performance management.
- You have leadership and communication experience, driving best practices, and mentoring team members.
- You have great verbal and written communication skills in English
Nice to have:
- Knowledge and experience in the field of video streaming and associated architecture.