Today, video accounts for over 80% of all internet traffic! 🤯
We are increasingly living in a video-first world where our online experiences are dominated by real-time, streaming, and on-demand video.
At api.video our mission is to connect people through their cameras and videos. We are a global API-first platform managing and delivering online video at scale and our goal is to become the standard for how modern teams bring video experiences into their products and services.
Just like Stripe for payments, Twilio for text/VOIP and Sendgrid for email; we're making video accessible to every client and developer via our api, the world over.
As part of the Infrastructure team, you will participate in the design, development and run of api.video's infrastructure, enabling developers in more than 100 countries to quickly integrate all the features needed to deliver live or on-demand video into their applications and services
What will you be doing? 🛠️
Within the Infrastructure team, you will actively contribute to the development of api.video:
by designing and developing resilient and scalable infrastructures, accompanying developers on CI/CD topics,
- by making the infrastructure ever more transparent to the rest of society,
- by automating more and more,
- by intervening on corrective and evolutionary maintenance,
- by being a driving force (monitoring, technologies, methodology...)
- by sharing your knowledge, ensure the security, quality and scalability of your work
What can you expect at api.video?🏆
- Global presence with an international working environment.
- 100% Remote possible (offices in Bordeaux)
- We offer competitive salaries.
- Flexible timetable - we value results over presence.
- Work in your preferred System and OS (Mac, Linux, Microsoft).
- Your voice is valued and will count in our decision making.
- Personal Growth. We invest in your career development; do you need books or to attend conferences? We got you covered!
What are we looking for? 🤹
- You have more than 5 years of experience in Infrastructure (both in design, and run of high-performance, high-availability platforms) preferably in video or content delivery.
- You speak in tens of Gbps, in hundreds of TB of data, in microseconds of delay?
- You are passionate, curious, rigorous, autonomous.
- You like to work with a team, you are collaborative and responsible.
- You have a thirst of knowledge in the most cutting-edge fields of the industry.
- You are open to training and attending conferences in order to improve your skills.
- You have advance experience using the following; Linux, Ansible, nging and/or ffmpe.
- You have advanced knowledge in system and performance analysis.
- You have knowledge of sensu/prometheus/grafana, git.
- You traveled around the world of data centers without moving from your desk?
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of micro-services architecture, asynchronous communication and scalability issues
- Knowledge of Docker