Today, video accounts for over 80% of all internet traffic! 🤯
We are increasingly living in a video-first world where our online experiences are dominated by real-time, streaming, and on-demand video.
At api.video our mission is to connect people through their cameras and videos.
We are a global API-first platform managing and delivering online video at scale and our goal is to become the standard for how modern teams bring video experiences into their products and services.
Just like Stripe for payments, Twilio for text/VOIP, and Sendgrid for email; we're making video accessible to every client and developer via our api, the world over.
You will join the (new) Pricing team and ensure the success of our monetization strategy. To do this, you collaborate with different stakeholders across the company and will also work with engineers in charge of the tech side of the Billing (stripe-charger + upcoming invoice), with the help of the Databus and Customers dashboard.
What will you be doing?
As our Pricing Leader, you will
- Own and ensure the success of our monetization strategy
- Generate unique insights that will benefit to customer and product teams in meeting revenue targets, NDR and prevent churn rate.
- Manage a diverse scope:
- Minimize buying friction to increase Sandbox → Customers conversion ratio
- Ensure we provide value driven pricing strategy
- Define pricing policies (pre payments, high volume pricing, discounts)
- Deploy new lines of revenue with the launch of
- Data Plans
- Support Plans
- Financial Excellence:
- Ensure our gross margins stay above 60%
- Build cost (+Effort)
- Run Cost (across entire product)
- Build and Monitor Infrastructure Financial Dashboard
- GTM :
- Get valuable insights from the Market and our customers’ usages
- Market & Competition:
- Evaluate optimal pricing window for the product and features that we offer
- Company Wide Performance:
- Contribute to reporting and create dashboards / data visualisation boards
What can you expect at api.video?
- Global presence with an international working environment
- 100% remote possible (we have an HQ in Bordeaux, and we rely on many coworking spaces)
- We offer competitive salaries
- Flexible timetable - we value results over presence
- Work in your preferred System and OS (Mac, Linux, Microsoft)
What are we looking for?
- You are a highly-analytical person with data-querying skills
- You have strong interpersonal skills to work with many teams
- You are autonomous, self-driven person
- You are curious and seek to continuously learn about a complex, tech-first product
- You have great verbal and written communication skills in English
Nice to have:
- Some experience with Stripe or another online billing tool