Senior Data Engineer (h/f)
Today, video accounts for over 80% of all internet traffic! 🤯
We are increasingly living in a video-first world where our online experiences are dominated by real-time, streaming, and on-demand video.
At api.video, our mission is to connect people through their cameras and videos. We are a global API-first platform managing and delivering online video at scale and our goal is to become the standard for how modern teams bring video experiences into their products and services.
Just like Stripe for payments, Twilio for texts, and Sendgrid for emails, we are making video accessible to every client and developer via our api, the world over.
api.video is a bottom-up, product-led growth company which gives strong attention to user experience and product easiness of use. Now, we are focused on fueling api.video’s growth by improving our users’ experience, taking our product capabilities to the next level.
What will you be doing? 🛠️
We are looking for excited engineers to join our recently established data team. You will use your data talents to help shape all existing and new data features (e.g. user-facing analytics).
The goal is to help everyone (customers and coworkers) make more data-driven decisions. Together with our data analysts and product managers, the team tackles diverse challenges, ranging from the development of pipelines for real-time and and batch data to facilitating data explorations for internal teams.
As one of the first Senior Data Engineers, you will:
- Design and implement new data workflows based on existing technologies like Kafka or Snowflake, but also new ones by considering product constraints and costs.
- Support data analysts and other teams through ETLs and data governance/quality guidelines.
- Ensure a great observability (alerting, logging, etc) of the data platform.
- Write documentation about internal processes and tech decisions easing collaboration inside and outside the team.
- Maintain or migrate/improve existing pipelines relying on SaaS tools.
What can you expect at api.video ? 🏆
- Global presence with an international working environment.
- 100% Remote possible (we have an HQ in Bordeaux, and we rely on many coworking spaces, CET timezones).
- We offer competitive salaries.
- Flexible timetable - we value results over presence.
- Work in your preferred System and OS (Mac, Linux, Microsoft).
- Your voice is valued and will count in our decision making.
- Personal Growth. We invest in your career development; do you need books or to attend conferences? We got you covered!
What skills do you need? 🤹
- Strong fundamentals in distributed systems design and development.
- Significant experience with Kafka ecosystem (broker, stream and connect).
- Proficiency in Java/Scala, SQL languages and related tooling (build, lint and test).
- Knowledges working with Git, Docker, sysadmin commands and GitLab CI + Ansible playbooks for deployments.
- Creative team player, eager to learn every day and continually suggesting innovative ideas.
- Great verbal and written communication skills in English.
Nice to have
- Experience with Airflow and Python with libraries like Pandas