Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) (h/f)
Today, video accounts for over 80% of all internet traffic! 🤯
We are increasingly living in a video-first world where our online experiences are dominated by real-time, streaming, and on-demand video.
At api.video our mission is to connect people through their cameras and videos. We are a global API-first platform managing and delivering online video at scale and our goal is to become the standard for how modern teams bring video experiences into their products and services.
Just like Stripe for payments, Twilio for text/VOIP and Sendgrid for email; we're making video accessible to every client and developer via our api, the world over.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
As our company is scaling we’re looking to double the size of the team within the year.
We’re looking to add talented minds able to work during CET/CEST time-zones business hours.
In this role you’ll participate in the design, development and run of api.video's infrastructure, enabling developers and clients in more than 100 countries to quickly integrate all the features needed to deliver live or on-demand video into their applications and services.
A unique opportunity to be an early member of a success story.
A welcoming and collaborative environment with people who love working on complex issues.
With ambitious objectives enabling this role offers the opportunity push your learning curve.
What will you be doing? 🛠️
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will be in charge of service continuity and focusing on creating and maintaining solutions to achieve that goal.
You will be the owner of the reliability of the infrastructure stack.
Among the subjects you will be working on :
- Constantly refining observability.
- Automating remediation on incidences.
- Design and implement automation of operating tasks.
- Configuration, maintenance and administration of systems infrastructure including core services, internal tools, monitoring solutions and working with baremetal servers.
- Work closely with other team members and cross team to ensure ease of operation and quality of service guarantee.
- Participating to the architecture, forecasting, and ensuring the success of the projects.
What can you expect at api.video?🏆
- Global presence with an international working environment.
- 100% Remote possible (offices in Bordeaux)
- We offer competitive salaries.
- Flexible timetable - we value results over presence.
- Work in your preferred System and OS (Mac, Linux, Microsoft).
- Your voice is valued and will count in our decision making.
- Personal Growth. We invest in your career development; do you need books or to attend conferences? We got you covered!
What are we looking for? 🤹
- You are seeking simplicity through automation
- You are fluent in a scripting language e.g bash and/or Python and/or Go
- You have creative problem solving and solutions assessment skills with an ability to identify, develop and implement solutions to meet the needs of the business
- You have proven experience in Linux system administration and management in a high availability and distributed environment
- You have hands on experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible or SaltStack
- You have working knowledge of system monitoring tools - especially Prometheus, Sensu is a plus
- You have excellent knowledge of web stack in a HA environment: load balancers, proxies, web servers and certificate management
- You are a highly motivated, self-driven team player
- You can speak Git as if you were born to it
- You speak English proficiently (speaking, reading and writing technical documentation, and being able to follow a technical discussion with other native English speakers)
- You have experience with CI/CD tools like Gitlab CI
- You have the ability to build reliable and scalable infrastructure via IaC (Terraform)
- Bonus Language: A technical level of French